Call for Presenters and Presentation Submissions
Participants interested in presenting or submitting presentations for the Access to Justice Thematic Sessions can do so in the following manner and subject to the following guidelines:
Session Presentations – Presentations for the event are guided by the existing agenda which can be found on this website at: www.babseacle.org. Session presentations will be a shared experience with other persons from the region/internationally who have an expertise and/or a demonstrated understanding of the thematic session topic.
Presentations cannot be delivered in a lecture style or simple a powerpoint/lecture style. Rather they must be interactive and what we refer to as “Far Reaching/Flexible/Fun”.
As a means to assist you in this process we are offering you some “suggestive” guidelines on ways and means to present at your session. We also are here to assist you, and provide “tips” that have worked in the past that have helped to have us reach our session goals, both related to substance and delivery. As we wrote above, the Access to Justice Thematic Sessions strives to bring greater depth and continuity to existing access to justice initiatives by encouraging creative techniques and attitudes, with the hopes of encouraging new and innovative designs to the international access to justice framework. We are confident that you and your team of co-presenters will succinctly mold and develop upon ideas for your topic to create an interactive session which is both fun and educational.
We would like to suggest the following guidelines when preparing for your session:
- Please avoid the extensive use of PowerPoint slides and absolutely avoid PowerPoint slides with a great amount of text writing.
- Work with your team to generate impactful discussion questions relevant to the topic. Do not be afraid to be provocative and bold, as that is exactly how we want the audience to respond!
- Inject the session with valuable nuggets of information which you envision your session’s delegates to take away with them.
Please remember to apportion a good amount of time for audience interaction and Q&A. The total time given for each panel/breakout session is often 60-90 minutes.
*Partial registration waiver fees are available to select persons who can demonstrate financial need and a real commitment to access to justice, pro bono, legal ethics initiatives. Applications can be found at:
Session Presentation Submission Guidelines
For those persons interested in presenting at the Access to Justice Thematic Sessions will be asked to please provide the following information:
- Name of presenter
- Title of presenter
- Organization, institution, firm, etc affiliation
- Email address
- Short bio 200 words (related to expertise/experience of the presentation and in the access to justice field)
- Full CV
- Access to Justice Thematic Sessions programme session topic to be presented on (please be specific and refer to one or more of the titles included on the programme)
- A brief description of what you will present on and the initially suggested interactive methodology you intend use
- How your description fits with the session topic
- Experiences you have had presenting on similar previous related sessions and/or presenting in an interactive manner at conferences and workshops