Vientiane, Lao PDR – The 1st Southeast Asia Pro-Bono Conference will be held September 28-29, 2012 in Vientiane Lao PDR. The conference theme is “Developing pro bono initiatives to strengthen access to justice in the Southeast Asia Region and Internationally”.
Organised by BABSEACLE in cooperation with the National University of Laos Faculty of Law and Political Science and Lao Bar Association.
Topics will include: Ways to Inspire Lawyers to do Pro-Bono; Why we do Pro-Bono; Pro Bono and Legal Education; Pro-Bono initiatives and collaborative partnerships; Models of Pro-Bono Programs.
Pre-conference Pro-Bono Initiatives Poster Display (27 September 2012 – afternoon); Field Trip Visit to the Faculty of Law & Political Science’s Legal Clinic (30 September 2012 – morning)
Who Should Attend:
- Law professors
- Law students
- The judiciary
- Government officials and
- Others from throughout Lao PDR, regionally and internationally involved in pro-bono and access to justice initiatives
- Learn about world-class professional pro bono initiatives and developments in Southeast Asia
- To network with and learn from legal colleagues throughout Laos, regionally and internationally
- To explore means and methods to develop and implement pro bono initiatives
- Learn about innovative partnerships and practices that are being effectively implemented in Southeast Asia, regionally and internationally.
Conference will be held at the Lane Xang Hotel, Fa Ngoum Road, Vientiane Lao PDR.
If you are interested in learning more about how to support or attend the Conference, please contact [email protected].
More details including registration links and session details.