3rd Asia Pro Bono Conference & Workshop 2014
“Creating vibrant pro bono ecosystems to strengthen access to justice.”
2 – 4 October 2014
The 3rd Asia Pro Bono Conference and Workshop will bring together academics, law students, lawyers, judiciary, pro bono professionals, policy makers, civil society and non-profit representatives to consider the multifarious ways pro bono initiatives can strengthen access to justice in Southeast Asia and internationally.
The conference and workshop will be an exciting mix of keynote speeches, panel discussions, poster presentations and interactive workshop sessions. There will be lots of opportunity for participation, collaboration and dialogue. The sessions will showcase selected, timely and innovative pro bono partnerships and provide a unique space for participants to collaborate in order to improve access to justice for some of the region’s most marginalised communities.
The Conference/Workshop aims to:
- Educate university academics, law students, lawyers, judiciary, pro bono professionals, policy makers, civil society and non-profit representatives about the meaning and concept of pro bono initiatives;
- Demonstrate the importance of pro bono initiatives to achieve greater access to justice for poor, marginalised and disadvantaged communities in Southeast Asia and internationally;
- Foster collaborative ties between conference participants to conceptualise, design, launch and strengthen pro bono initiatives locally, regionally and internationally;
- Demonstrate various models of pro bono initiatives that may be applicable and transferable in Southeast Asia and internationally; and
- Showcase the successful establishment of pro bono initiatives and programmes.
For more information or get involved please contact:
Bruce Lasky at BABSEACLE
Lim Tanguy at SINGAPORE LAW SOCIETY
at email – [email protected]
For more details about the conference go to www.probonoconference.org
Click “here” to read about the 2nd Southeast Asia/Asia Pro Bono Conference that was held in HCMC Vietnam in 2013
Click “here” to read about the 1st Southeast Asia/Asia Pro Bono Conference that was held in Vientiane Laos in 2012